Python 101 for the .NET Developer
I get to add another talk to my list of Python/IronPython talks, as I’ve been asked to speak at the Cleveland C#/VB.NET SIG for their June meeting. The talk will start with a focus on Python, giving my fellow SIG members a glimpse at yet another language to add to their toolboxes. We’ll take a look at what it is, how it compares to C# and VB.NET, where it is strong and where it is weak. If time allows, I will use one of its weak points to transition into IronPython, which is the best of both worlds, bringing .NET to the Python language.
If you’re interested in heckling me or maybe even seeing my talk and learning about the language, here are the details:
- What: “Python 101 for the .NET Developer” with Sarah Dutkiewicz, Cleveland C#/VB.NET SIG
- When: Tuesday, June 23, 6:30-8:30pm
- Where: Beacon Place Conference Center, Beacon Place Office Building, 6055 Rockside Woods Blvd, Lower Level, Independence, OH 44131
- Other things to note:
- Thanks to Sogeti for sponsoring the food and venue. Please be sure to RSVP (see the Cleveland/VB.NET SIG site for details) so that they can get an accurate headcount for ordering pizza.
- This group meets afterwards at Mavis Winkle’s in Independence. There’s a lot of networking and socializing, so come on out and have fun with us.
Hope to see you there!