New Year, New Goals…
With 2011 arriving, this means that it’s time to figure out what I want to focus on this year. Here are a few things I’m looking into:
- Silverlight – no, it’s not going way. No, it’s not dying. It’s still around, and I’ve got a bit of work to do with it. So I’m looking forward to becoming a bit stronger with it this year.
- TDD – ah yes, the current hype in software development. I’m finally coming around to figuring out how I can apply it to work and how to really understand it well. This is the main thing I’m looking forward to learning about at CodeMash.
- Windows Phone Development – I have some app ideas that I’d like to build, and later this year, when my time frees up a bit more, I hope to get them out there.
- PowerShell – I’ve always had a love of scripting, and PowerShell just brings out that love even more. All that wrediting I talk about on Twitter is writing and editing a book on PowerShell that’s due out later this year. I’ve learned quite a bit while writing, and I’m looking forward to building more custom cmdlets to help my fellow co-workers and maybe even the community. We’ll see what happens when my time frees up again.
- Agile – finally getting into this a lot more. I’m excited because this process meshes better with my natural software development tendencies, much better than a chaotic waterfall. I have a feeling I’ll pick this up quickly.
I’m also hoping to be involved in the community a bit more. Some of the events I’m looking forward to in 2011 include:
- CleAg’s Agile Games
- Microsoft MVP Summit
- Stir Trek 3 (site not updated yet)
- Cleveland GiveCamp
I have a few other plans I want to tackle, but you’ll just have to wait and see what comes out from me later this year!
Do you have any goals for this year? Have you blogged about it? Leave me a comment here!